Tuesday, May 4, 2010

testing, testing, 1-2-3

So...what happened to those flowers I bought at the SF Flower Mart?

Well...


They sat in a bucket for a week. 


Then I unwrapped them and found a disintegrated mess of the ranunculus. Dahlias and chrysanthemums still going strong! (mostly). The 'filler' green thing not so much, although there were a few salvageable pieces.

After watching a few videos on the internets on how to make a bouquet (also the place I looked for how to apply make up and style hair i.e. how to be a girl) and 10-15 minutes later I had a bouquet.


Not too shabby me thinks.


Just need to hold it at the right angle to have it look evenly round. 


Of course, I could have a put a little more effort to make it so...but since this was just a test, I didn't put that much effort into it. It was pretty easy. Definitely do-able, but the wedding would require 5 bouquets for moi and the 4 bridesmaids. Then boutonnières for the groom and 4 groomsmen. I was planning to take the Friday off...no one will be around, so I could do the bouquets. What else would there be to do, since everything will so well planned and organized? Hmmm hmmm?

They definitely would last until Sunday. Since the bouquet sat in the vase for another 2 weeks. Chrysanthemums rule for staying power!

The cymbidium orchids for the test boutonnières? Well since we bought a whole live plant, I've got time for testing. 

3 comments: