Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ok, fine, I'll hire a florist

Air's parents are going to pay for our flowers. They thought it wasn't a good idea for me trying to put together a bunch of bouquets and boutonnières (my orchid flowers died off...lazy me didn't make test boutonnières) right before the wedding with all the other ongoings that should be happening for a wedding. I started to warm up to this idea once I actually saw a quote from a florist that flowers would not cost $2k. And that $150 per boutonnière price tag from Costco was actually for like 15 of them...not one...opps...silly me. I was expecting flowers to be exorbitant amounts of money.

The florist I'm talking to is Isabelle of Chic Designs who did my friend Rakhi's wedding last summer.

pic by me (isn't she gorgeous?)

She used pics that I took on her website here and here and here and here and here. I chatted her up and looks like we'll be able to do a little traderoo. PM skills says this is a good idea! Might as well do something I do better (being the paparazzi) and utilize other resources to do what they're good idea. And delegate. I'm not looking for a lot of floral work, pretty much just the bouquets and boutonnières. We're going to have her deliver cut flowers and I'll find people (wedding coordinator Amelia & company!) to help set up our centerpieces at the venue ourselves.

So on Saturday I went over to the Palo Alto Golf Club to take pictures of flower work Isabelle did for a baby shower. Here are a few pics.

all pics by moi

PM and paparazzi powers go! Hmmm, I wonder what else I can trade pics for. Anyone need a photographer? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Very useful information on florists! Few weeks ago, arranged a floral show and exhibited flowers from different florists all-round the city. A local San Francisco Florist caught my eye as he made quite creative bouquets with limited options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went there after looking at their beautiful & elegant Chennai Flower Delivery bouquets! I told her I love lighter colored flowers. She nodded with smile and went to her storage room and bought me some beautiful pastel color flower bouquet. A few minutes later, she came back with 3 pretty pink roses and small white flowers in her hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers bouquet in the hands of lovely bride, its admirable and very pretty for girls - I sometimes take similar flowers from Chennai Florist team to help me choose flowers for my family.

    ReplyDelete