Monday, November 15, 2010

Inspired!

I'm feeling super artsy this week!

I finished printing the 'thank you' part on the letterpress cards last weekend and picked them up on Monday...woot! I also did the first color of my lithograph print for our class mythology assignment.

Tuesday, took the day off work to go to a lighting workshop/walk by the amazing, amazing Tanja Lippert. Tanja is a film photographer. Film! This pique my interest into bringing out my old SLR again and playing with some old school 35mm film. Why does she like film? One of the reasons was latitude...like the range of tonality that film has over digital. And I was thinking of the grain of black and white pictures...they don't have the same feel as digital. Interest piqued!


Wednesday, went to drawing class and got into working with chalk pastels on a fabric drawing. I've never worked with chalk pastels...or much color with drawing actually...and the last time I used oil pastels must have been high school, which is a looooong time ago. It was exciting because I'm finally getting to a point where I can just put the marks on the paper and not really think about anything...just putting the mark to the paper.

Thursday, bought me some color 35mm film, some color Super 8 film (Super 8!!!), changing bag (going to do b&w film development at home!), and convinced some friends to do some modeling for me! Oh boy, I can see I'm getting into the buying crafty stuff mode that I did for the wedding...I haven't used the Yudu yet! (I was going to silk screen the napkins, but had to cut that out). BUT, photography is something I do on a regular basis...and something I can have excuses to do all the time (as opposed to an excuse for a once in a lifetime event). 

This weekend I finally got a portfolio up with a design and function that I was happy with. Yay!!! Go artsy/crafty powers!!! 

T&T showing how it's done

Another bride turning wedding experience into a small business. Well attempting to. I didn't really blog often enough to get a huge following...it takes a lot of time to blog! And fit those other interests in! I don't see how others can do it so regularly...it might also be that I'm slow at writing and better at pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words, so I must be like an encyclopedia! 

The experience of planning a wedding exposed me to a lot of things...I just did not have the insight into how much work and sweat and tears goes into a wedding. And they are fun!!! Hard work, but fun...and there's just so many moments and emotions in a wedding, it's awesome. How could I not want to take pictures of that?

Anyone else inspired by wedding planning to turn it into a venture?

Here's my new site! www.elainechophoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment