Tuesday, November 30, 2010

a mini-moon!

We went on a mini-moon! As in we actually took some vaca and had some alone time! No longer do I need to respond to 'Did you go on a honeymoon' questions with 'Air bought a new computer so we are going to mini-moon by exploring new continents in Civ V' (yes we are nerdy).


I'm still set on going to the Galapagos...but going on a honeymoon in October wasn't good because my work project was launching, then November was scratched since Air was moving to new team, and we already cut Thanksgiving last year short so I could go on my trip to Easter Island, then December isn't convenient either because it's time to fly to the East Coast to visit his family...then it's snowboarding season...so no honeymoon until at least April/May!! Then I need to figure out when next year I want to take a leave from work to go live in Spain for 3 months.

So where did we go? We took the first half of Thanksgiving week to drive down to Santa Barbara and stayed in a fancy resort! The Four Seasons Santa Barbara (but actually in Montecito). I never go on this type of vacation...my typical vacation is staying in a $4-30 guest house or hostel in a third world country where I bring a cocoon sheet with me. Where as Air is a creature of comfort...who loves nice comfy bedding on his vacations, clean bathrooms a must, and room service - yes!

We were so happy to take a break...

Our resort cottage! And my 'first rich person vacation'

All we did was walk around...look for the Japanese woodblock print gallery that was no longer there, eat, sleep, watch tv, eat, watch Harry Potter and have room service breakfast! Very low key and relaxing and chill.

creature comforts...a rainfall showerhead and bathrobes (another first)...very comfy


 Distinctive Santa Barbara architecture...I like it! 

 The wind blowing man is sweet...

a Santa Barbara/Montecito home next to the hotel...with Moroccan inspiration? This house was a.m.a.z.i.n.g. 

Santa Barbara homes are crazyyy!! We look through some of the hotel mags and there were tons and tons of multi-million dollar homes up to 30 mil. I asked our room service waiter was the industry was, looks like all the residents own hotels. Like the one we were staying in. I need to own a hotel. If only I needed the services of one of the many wealth management shops they had in town.

Oil rigs...I didn't know there were oil rigs off the coast of California


This is a Moreton Bay Fig at the hotel imported from Australia...huge trees are so awesome!

Front yard of the hotel

lots of beach goers walking their dogs!

Sunset...so muy romantico...awwww!

Smog collected in floor the Central Valley - ugh! on the way to visit my family in the Valley for Thanksgiving.

And now back to work...boo...at least xmas will come soon, and there is snow!!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a gorgeous trip! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh....looks beautiful! i'd love to go to the galapagos one day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such great post! I love your blog! I love the pictures! You had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete